Group Fitness Instructor - SRC
GROUP FITNESS INSTRUCTOR
Department: Student Recreation Center, University Center
Supervisor: Student Recreation Center Supervisor
Hours: 2-10 hours per week
Wage: $15/hour starting
Work Schedule: Flexible, may include nights and weekends
Position open until filled
Position Summary: Group Fitness Instructors are responsible for motivating, instructing and leading individuals in routine or specialized exercise programs, while monitoring and educating patrons on fitness and safety, and maintaining a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for class participants.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide workouts that are fun and challenging, driven by an energetic attitude, always upbeat, and motivating to members
- Teach scheduled classes, beginning and ending on time; provide adequate warm-up, stretching, and cool-down exercises
- Instructs patrons on effective workout methods; explains proper techniques, demonstrates exercises
- Assist patrons, answer questions, and maintain a positive exercise experience for members and class participants.
- Prepare appropriate equipment and music for each class
- Keep management informed of customer and facility needs
- Responsible for following SRC safety procedures and protocols
- Maintain current Fitness or Group Fitness related certification
- Meet all physical demands required to demonstrate proper use of equipment and fitness techniques
- Customer service skills
- Communication skills
- CPR, AED and First Aid current certification or willingness to acquire within three months of employment
- Experience teaching a group fitness course
Submit a cover letter, resume, and application by email (email@example.com (link sends e-mail)), fax (707.826.3354), or in person at the Student Recreation Center (Student Recreation Center, HSU Campus, 1 Harpst St, Arcata, CA 95521). For the University Center Student Application click here. For the Non-Student Application click here.